Meditation is traditionally regarded as one of the most potent forms of realizing ones spiritual being, and in the process, one can live a healthy and aware life. Different people adopt different meditation styles, but if theres one universally acceptable mode of meditation, that has to be the Chakra Meditation.
Chakra Meditation " Basics
The meditation whose basic aim is to align the movement of all the seven primary Chakras in the body is termed as Chakra Meditation. Our body consists of 7 primary and over 20,000 secondary Chakras. For a better understanding of Chakra Meditation, its important to know what and where are the primary Chakras in the body:
1. Root or Base Chakra located at the base of the spine and related to the element Earth. It governs our general health, prosperity, and security.
2. Brow Chakra, also called The Third Eye Chakra, is situated between the brows on the forehead. It is related to the Light element, which governs our perception, interpretation, and visualization.
3. Solar Plexus or Power Chakra located just above the naval region and related to the element Fire. It governs our will power, autonomy, and metabolism.
4. Heart Chakra is situated right at the center of the chest. It is related to the Air element, which governs our feelings of love, compassion, and general relationships.
5. Throat Chakra located at the base of the throat and related to the element Sound. It governs clear communication, creativity, and resonance during our entire lifespan.
6. Orange Chakra, also called the Naval or Sacral Chakra, is situated at the center of abdomen. It is related to the Water element, which governs our sexuality and emotions.
7. Root Chakra, also called the Base Chakra, is situated at the base of the spine. It is related to the Earth element, which governs our overall health, security, and prosperity in life.
A concentrated mind working towards the achievement of synchronized movements of these seven Chakras in the body can truly bring incalculable rewards in ones life. The body, mind, and soul would become stress-free and youll emerge as a better-informed human being who can easily see the spiritual side to every materialistic possession in this world. One can also achieve natural healing for bodily and mental ailments just by bringing the seven energy centers in consonance with each other.
Chakra Meditation " The Process
Chakra Meditation involves three techniques in this order:
1. Grounding Technique. As is evident from its name, the Grounding Technique makes your body feel connected with the Earth. The application of this technique is pretty simple. Just visualize a root growing from your body and entering into the Earth. Easier it may sound, but requires intense concentration and mental awareness while performing the Grounding Technique.
2. Centering Technique. This technique is vital as it prepares your body to receive the benefits of Chakra Meditation. Again, the application of this technique is not too difficult. Just take 4-5 deep breaths and feel every body part from head to toe getting relaxed. This process involves tightening and relaxing each body part from toe, and then visualizing the act of a potter who centers a pot on the pottery wheel.
3. Relaxation Technique refers to the process whereby, the body feels relaxed by an act of visualization that suits an individual the best. Every individual is free to adopt his or her own relaxation method.
One of the popular methods of Chakra Meditation is detailed below:
a) Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
b) Close your eyes and loosen your clothing. The idea is to be in a natural state without any kind of artificial compulsion on the body and mind.
c) Breathe in a relaxed manner, which is neither too fast nor too slow. Let the breath come naturally!
d) Feel every part of your body from toe to the crown in that direction. Feel the earth you are lying on or the sofa you are seated on, feel the clothes you are wearing. Feel completely present with yourself and relaxed.
e) Initially, your efforts will be met with stiff resistance from negative thoughts and emotions. Dont suppress them! Theyll disappear with time and practice.
f) Dont hinder your awareness! Let it flow freely from one part of the body to another.
Do this exercise for any length of time and at any time of the day!
About the Author: