"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness and looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within," said Ramona Anderson.
Almost all people long and seek for well-being, contentment, and a state of tranquility we call happiness. The search for happiness starts and ends within us. In all of these concerns, one great question exists: What then is the purpose of life?
"The purpose of life is the expansion of happiness," according to Maharishi Yogi. If we stop and think about it clearly, the purpose of life is to be happy. From the very heart of our being, we simply desire complete and lasting happiness. This does not only mean we should be contented with life, but we must also appreciate life itself. It is also important to discover what will bring about the greatest degree of happiness.
People often forget that the primal source of life itself and happiness is God the Universal Force. Breakthroughs in science and technology led people to gradually lose confidence in God and eventually glorify human knowledge instead.
How many of us struggle to survive and work hard to attain prosperity and achieve happiness? With these as our goals, we labor for better times ahead. Through hardships and misery, we push ourselves to improve the quality of our lives. In the course of our pursuit, we forget the Higher Force who is all too willing to give what we desire. We just have to trust that He knows what is best for us.
In summary, here are the ten keys to happiness:
- Learn to appreciate simple things and manage desires.
- Happiness is found within us. It is in the choices that we make.
- Attitude, attitude, attitude! How we react and deal with life's challenges spell the difference between happiness and misery.
- Happy feelings are results of happy thoughts.
- Happiness is a way of life.
- Happiness is mostly created, and rarely given.
- Learn to avoid or overcome factors that contribute to unhappiness.
- We take responsibility for our own happiness.
- Happiness is enhanced by the feelings of love and appreciation!
- Happy people celebrate and appreciate life everyday. Happiness is theirs for keeps.